Monster Hunter 4
Gaaah! Yes, it’s here! Monster Hunter 4!
Well, just a little preview, anyway. At the Nintendo 3DS press conference, they showed off the next Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 4, in development. Watch it above if you haven’t seen it yet.
Go ahead, I’ll wait.
Watched it? OK, now here are my thoughts on the Monster Hunter 4 preview:
This is like no Monster Hunter I’ve ever seen. First question: why is the hunter running away from the monster, instead of fighting it? It’s more like Monster Flee-er than Monster Hunter. I guess they wanted to show off the open world, which is pretty spectacular.
That minor quibble aside, wow, this looks great! If this is actually game play, this video shows off:
- Open world, possibly no load screen between areas?
- Ability to jump on top of the monster while in flight and attack (hey, just like Dragons Dogma)
- One monster breaks part of the world and the other monster slides off…
- More than one weapon? The hunter stabs the monster while climbing with some kind of dagger, not the great sword that is on his back
- Will these platforming elements (jumping from rock to rock) be optional areas that you can go to? or are we going to be locked in to a more linear progression?
That’s about all I noticed that’s different. What did you see?